Why Join AAPCSW?
- Cutting-edge, biennial AAPCSW conferences.
- Development of regional conferences and/or programs.
- Continuation of local programs organized by the Area Chapters.
- Our triannual newsletter that reaches over 900 members.
- Subscription to Psychoanalytic Social Work Journal
(print & online access).
- Access to the online Journal of Social Work Practice - Psychotherapeutic Approaches in Health, Welfare and the Community.
- Outreach to graduate students and new professionals.
- Funds to support student and candidate presenters at AAPCSW national conferences.
- Programs that mentor academics seeking to develop psychoanalytic curricula.
- Access to Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing (PEP) at a reduced rate.
- Interactive listservs that provide professional information, intellectual discussions and facilitate referrals:
» General Listserv (automatic enrollment)
» Child & Adolescent Listserv
» New Professionals Listserv
- Discounts on books and journals.
- Discount on websites for therapists.
- A distance learning program that provides CE Hours.
- The committees that further our mission: Child and Adolescent Committee, Diversity and Social Action Committee, and The Scholarship Committee.
Your Membership Enables AAPCSW to:
- Strengthen our national presence through affiliation with the Psychoanalytic Consortium and the Accreditation Council for Psychoanalytic Education, Inc. and other national organizations.
- Share and promote our interest in psychoanalysis and psychoanalytically informed psychotherapy.
- Promote the concepts of psychoanalytic theory and practice.
Grow with AAPCSW
Learn more about AAPCSW Activities »
Barbara L Matos, MS
AAPCSW Administrator | (301) 799-5120
Josh Abrahams, MS, LCSW
Membership Co-Chair | (773) 542-3371
Kevin Barrett, AM, LCSW
Membership Co-Chair | (423) 260-0260