An Invitation to Join
Having issues renewing your membership or accessing your online profile?
Join AAPCSW using the online membership application.
$75 Full Member (Any clinical social worker with Master's or Doctoral Degree)
$75 General Member (Members of other mental health disciplines. Includes all rights and privileges of Full members except the right to hold office on national executive board.)
$55 New Professional (New members, having received their MSW 3 years ago or less, may join for up to 2 years at the new professional rate.)
$55 Friend (Any person who supports the aims and purposes of the AAPCSW but are not mental health professionals. Friends are entitled to all rights and privileges of General members with the exception of voting and holding office.)
$30 Candidate (Eligible for any 2 years during training. Include name of institution on application.)
$15 Student (Full-time MSW, DSW or PhD student. Proof of student status required with application.)
The AAPCSW remains committed to ongoing education with many local area conferences. Also, we have a reputation as sponsoring one of the best national clinical social work conferences.
- The AAPCSW monitors federal and state legislative activity to safeguard the practice of psychoanalysis and psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapy for clinical social workers. Our involvement with state level legislation seeks to ensure that clinical social workers who are qualified to practice psychoanalysis and psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapy are protected from any restrictive new laws regulating psychoanalysis and are not adversely affected by new regulations. In addition, we monitor any proposed legislation that could affect us.
- AAPCSW is an active member of the Psychoanalytic Consortium that is composed of the AAPCSW, American Academy of Psychoanalysis, American Psychoanalytic Association, and Division 39 (Psychoanalysis) of the American Psychological Association. One outcome of our work has been that qualified psychoanalysts of each of the disciplines serve as supervisors, faculty and training analysts at institutes. We have worked diligently for this type of parity among the mental health disciplines.
- Members of the AAPCSW, along with psychoanalysts of the other disciplines, serve on the Board of the Accreditation Council for Psychoanalytic Education (ACPEinc.), an organization that is an outgrowth of the Consortium.
- AAPCSW has formed a number of committees supporting knowledge and training: The Study Group; Child and Adolescent Practice; Culture, Race and Ethnicity; Social Responsibility and Social Justice.
- AAPCSW published books by its Study Group include: Fostering Healing and Growth: A Psychoanalytic Social Work Approach; The Social Work Psychoanalyst's Casebook: Clinical Voices in Honor of Jean Sanville; and Advanced Clinical Social Work Practice: Relational Principles and Techniques.
- AAPCSW has established a Speaker's Bureau providing information about experts in clinical theory and practice who are available to speak at local conferences.
- AAPCSW publishes a triannual Newsletter containing clinical papers and book reviews by our members. AAPCSW maintains an active internet listserv that contains relevant information, articles and referrals, and an online journal.
- Members receive discounted rates for psychoanalytic journals and books and professional website development. Quality liability and office insurance is available.
- Members receive a discounted fee to subscribe to the Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing (PEP). The PEP provides online access to a number of psychoanalytic journals from the late 1800s until 2005 including Freud's Standard Edition and other well-known books. The Psychoanalytic Social Work journal became part of the PEP Archive in January 2012. To find out more about PEP, go to www.pep-web.org.
- AAPCSW has developed its own continuing education website that offers self-study credits applicable for state licensure requirements: www.psychoanalyticce-credit.com
- Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
For over 20 years, Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO) has been protecting individual counselors, social workers and their business practices from medical malpractice lawsuits and state practice inquiries. With more than 1 million policyholders* covering 90+ healthcare professions and the endorsement of 60+ professional associations*, HPSO is the nations largest provider of professional liability coverage to healthcare professionals. * Includes NSO & HPSO
AAPCSW Member Directory
The AAPCSW member directory is printed every April (includes members from April 1 of the previous year to March 31st of current year) and mailed to members in May. If you are a new member joining after the printed directory, your information will be available in the online directory searches made available to the public as well as to members only upon logging into their member profile.
Contact John Chiaramonte, LCSW
AAPCSW Membership Chair